St. Bernard Soap

bernard-soap-main-2

St. Bernard Soap Co.

Established in Cincinnati, OH by Procter & Gamble in 1886, bar soap has been continuously produced at the Ivorydale facility for over 125 years.

 

As liquid body wash products grew in popularity and total bar soap volumes declined, P&G had the foresight to realize that in order for their Ivorydale plant to continue to run efficiently, it made sense to consolidate their production with other competing brands and to reduce the over-­capacity in the industry. This vision was realized in 2003 when P&G sold their bar soap plant to Trillium Health Care Products, enabling a number of North American brand owners to subsequently close their own under-utilized facilities and transfer the production of their bar soaps to an independent contract manufacturer.

Under Trillium’s ownership the company was renamed the St. Bernard Soap Co. (SBSC).

The business maintains a distinguished list of customers; our supply agreements include long-­term contracts to manufacture some of the best known brands of bar soap in the world.
 

Interesting Facts

  • Capacity to make & pack 6,000,000 bars of soap day
  • Employs over 250 people
  • Continuous production of bar soap on the site for over 125 years
  • Largest rail yard in Southern Ohio for receiving raw materials
  • Manufacturing & Warehousing are linked by a mile long enclosed conveyor